GAD diary #1 : Japanese company in Malaysia?



I recently got an offer ( a job, obviously) to work and server for Japanese company in Malaysia (specifically, the name of company is JCL Leasing Sdn. Bhd). First thought? Exciting because I always want to work with foreigners but at the same time, I always have this second thought and anxiety is such a bitchy shit as usual.

My main dilemma? I am too comfortable with my current work so maybe I will never able to perform. I have to admit; this overthinking needs to be stopped but I can't help myself to actually develop these insecurities. My current job isn't even a permanent job (PSH stands for Pekerja Sambilan Harian. Meaning? I only work weekdays for RM54 per day. There's no OT, allowances whatsoever. If I am not able to work for a day, it'll not be counted in my salary payment). Will I make it? Will I perform even better in the future? I do not know and it scares me the most.

My second dilemma will be the working hours. I heard the Japanese company tends to prefer their workers to work late (will goes extend till 10pm which is a worrisome to my part)  and since the day I had a snatcher episode, I am too afraid to go outside for a long period. The funny part is, I actually went google a few things in the Employment Act 1955 as a precaution if anyone tries to force me to do something that shouldn't be done in the first place. My best friend laughed on me (obviously for her, it's such a silly way to do) but it does provide me a relief that I know my rights.

Having these thoughts do suffocate me. I can't help but to wonder if I can make it alive. Since the day I got this offer, my anxiety chokes me everyday, thinking I will never ever be going to perform their tasks. Imagine if I work in such a tremendous pressure? Good god, I have a terrible stress or emotional management. (Still a newbie. I got a lot things to catch up) I don't know if I can ever be a sane again.

I promise I will provide a full length story once I start to work there (which means, next Monday will be my first day!)

Till then, folks.